Fernando Alonso has shown quite a great deal of courage in the forthcoming 2017 season even as he has a rookie for a teammate.
The Spaniard seems unperturbed as he believes the new season holds a lot in stock. This is a peculiar situation seeing as it has been a decade that he was in line for the McLaren.
At the time, the Spaniard was the reigning back to back champion and he had a very clear shot at the McLaren when he was paired with a rookie; Lewis Hamilton.
In an interesting twist of events, it seems history is setting up to repeat itself at the woking team as McLaren powered by Honda has paired the 35-year old Fernando Alonso with a highly rated Stoffel Vandoorne who is a rookie for the new season. However, even with the pairing, Alonso has said that he is not worried.
He expressed great confidence in vandoorne’s abilities, as he admitted that the Belgian was really talented. Alonso had watched him make his debut during his recovery last year. He said that for a driver who is new to the division, he did very well as it wasnt easy overcoming the pressure and getting admirable results. Continue reading ALONSO CONFIDENT ABOUT 2017
Fernando Alonso believes that his McLaren-Honda Formula 1 Team were able to make the most of their given available time while on the first free practice session and did some necessary tests aimed towards their 2017 challenger on Friday at the Yas Marina Circuit.
The conditions in FP1 held on Friday did not really cover all that the drivers will face on the race day, thus, the team made use of the opportunity to carry out a few experiments on the track, with next year as their major focus.
“As a team, we need to take every opportunity we can to test things on the track for next year,” Alonso said.
“We need to learn and understand as much as we can about configurations or philosophies that we can put into next year’s car.”
During the second practice (FP2), the team switched focus to this weekend, with Alonso finishing in the eleventh position, just outside of the top ten and ahead of fellow team mate, Jenson Button.
Alonso also believes that FP2 helped his team learn more about their tyres especially as they were used in similar conditions as with what they would be experiencing in the race. Continue reading ALONSO HOPESTEAM CAN MAINTAIN THEIR MOMENTUM
Fernando Alonso and Jenson Button, the world champions of Formula 1 are hopeful that the upgraded technical direction for next year will bring great improvements in its current state.
The drivers of Honda and McLaren have shown criticism against F1. In the next season of F1, there will be improved technical regulations. It will be incorporated to ease the development of the engine so as to manufacture faster cars. The cars will also feature high aerodynamic and best of the tyres. Alonso is positive about this improvement as it will certainly bring back some life and energy in his Formula 1 career.
Alonso expects the cars to be highly challenging and more exciting. The speed should be similar to what it used to be in the past. The cars are currently slow and hence the Formula 1 will have to go through some modifications. As per Alonso, all F1 drivers will be thrilled by the newer and faster moving cars in the next season. The drivers have experienced distinct kinds of Formula 1 and the recent ones were not the best due to changes in regulations and other aspects. Formula 1 has considered these prime factors and hence such drastic changes are being done. The changes will be best for F1 drivers and also make their future. Next year will be good for them as things will shape up as per the requirements of the drivers.
Continue reading The Brave 2017 Formula 1
We all know the glamor associated with F1 racing, but there is a flip side to it as well – having to face traumatic accidents from which one might recover or not.
Fernando Alonso has been able to recover from such an accident for which his fans are thankful for. While accidents do shatter the confidence of most people, Fernando is not ready to hang up his driving gear as yet.
The upcoming weekend will see the Russian Grand Prix being held and the star of McLaren-Honda team states that he is ready to get back on the tracks, even in the same car for this race. He is recently recovered from a crash that took place in Australia. The accident was a scary one for all those who witnessed it. The rear of the vehicle he was driving, Esteban Gutierrez Haas VF-16 was clipped and Alonso went into several rolls in the accident scene. He had a collapsed lung as well as broken ribs after this accident. This accident kept him from competing in the Bahrain Grand Prix that followed. While most fans contemplated what would be his move next, they were relieved to hear that he had recovered from the accident and was again raring to go. Continue reading Fernando Alonso Raring To Go After The Crash
McLaren Honda driver Fernando Alonso has tweeted his delight after spending a highly productive day at the simulator ahead of his return to action for the team following a horrific crash in practice before the start of the season opening Australian Grand Prix.
Alonso had been recuperating after suffering a concussion following the crash during pre-season testing and as he looks to make a fast comeback to the cockpit, he spent much time on Wednesday behind the wheels on the simulator, tweeting that he had a very productive day with lots of meetings and simulation work.
But just behind the wheels on the simulator will not be enough for Alonso to race at the Malaysian Grand Prix as he will have to pass several rigorous medical tests before he will be given the all clear certificate to return to action.
The 33 year old former double world champion spent three days in hospital following the crash. Fernando Alonso is planning to go through all those tests during this week as he prepares to return to competitive racing for his new team at the Malaysian Grand Prix. Continue reading Fernando Alonso has productive day on simulator