McLaren Honda driver Fernando Alonso has tweeted his delight after spending a highly productive day at the simulator ahead of his return to action for the team following a horrific crash in practice before the start of the season opening Australian Grand Prix.
Alonso had been recuperating after suffering a concussion following the crash during pre-season testing and as he looks to make a fast comeback to the cockpit, he spent much time on Wednesday behind the wheels on the simulator, tweeting that he had a very productive day with lots of meetings and simulation work.
But just behind the wheels on the simulator will not be enough for Alonso to race at the Malaysian Grand Prix as he will have to pass several rigorous medical tests before he will be given the all clear certificate to return to action.
The 33 year old former double world champion spent three days in hospital following the crash. Fernando Alonso is planning to go through all those tests during this week as he prepares to return to competitive racing for his new team at the Malaysian Grand Prix. Continue reading Fernando Alonso has productive day on simulator
Good news for Fernando Alonso fans- the elite FI driver is undergoing a “solid recovery” post his F1 crash last Sunday.
The news has been confirmed by McLaren.
The Spanish racer met with a collision as his car hit a wall last Sunday, at Barcelona-Catalunya circuit. He was immediately airlifted by helicopter for needed precautionary checks at the hospital. According to reports from McLaren, the world champ was pretty conscious & even had a chat with doctors while he was airlifted to his hospital. Before he was transferred to hospital, Alonso received a primary first aid from the medical center at the racing circuit.
“He was quite conscious & even chatted with doctors at racing circuit after receiving his first aid”, stated a report from McLaren while approached on Alonso’s condition after the crash.
“However, in full compliance to usual procedures in these situations, he was airlifted to hospital for his precautionary checks.” Continue reading Alonso Making Steady Recovery Post F1 Crash
Alonso made up his mind to leave Ferrari over a year ago. This is the claim made by Flavio Briatore who has had the leading role in the Spanish driver’s management as it was a part of his great career.
After being in red for five years, Fernando Alonso has finally decided to return to McLaren in 2015 as he wants to be a part of the team’s experience with Honda. Briatore informed Italy’s La Gazzettadello Sport that Alonso had already made up his mind to leave Ferrari back in 2013. He said that he had made a gentleman’s agreement with Montezemolo stating that if he isn’t given a winning car in 2014, he will leave. This is because he was tired of listening to the usual response that next year he will get a wining car. Continue reading Briatore Says Alonso Was Tired Of Ferrari’s Promises
Fernando Alonso may b able to win a world title only if he joins team McLaren.
Alonso had a bitter previous experience with the team but that is not likely to keep him from joining the team. Alonso quit the team after having problems with Lewis Hamilton who was a newcomer to the team. Alonso is willing to forget that season. Lewis Hamilton currently races for Mercedes team. Jensen Button and Alonso will be paired up for the upcoming season. Button is currently 34 years old, he became a Formula one champion in the year 2008.
Alonso said regarding his first time experience with the team that he is much more matured now than he was seven years before when he quit the team. Alonso is now 33 years old and he said that he has learnt quite a few things that he didn’t know when he was 25 years old. Alonso said that he is not what he used to be 7 years before and he further added that Jenson Button is not like Lewis Hamilton which means that it is not likely that he’ll have a problem with Button. Alonso said that one must retrospect and learn from the past mistakes. Alonso considers that it is time for him to focus on his future and also become more competitive. He said that he should also focus on being happy as well. Alonso considers that he is ready for the contest against McLaren-Honda. He also thinks that it won’t be hard and that they are likely to win.
Jensen Button has said that he is eager to race alongside Fernando Alonso who he regards as an experienced driver. Button thinks that he and Alonso will be able to work very well together. Button is sure that Alonso will do his best to become a Formula one great once again.